WeGraphics License Options
Curious about how and when you can use these resources? Here are our licensing types.
CC0 / Public Domain
These items will be downloadable by anyone and they can use them however they choose, including commercially, resale, and redistribution. Best for smaller works that you want to release to the public with no restrictions at all.
From Creative Commons:
"CC0 enables scientists, educators, artists and other creators and owners of copyright- or database-protected content to waive those interests in their works and thereby place them as completely as possible in the public domain, so that others may freely build upon, enhance and reuse the works for any purposes without restriction under copyright or database law."
Co-op Free License
These items will be freely downloadable by anyone with a co-op account, but creators will retain copyright. Basically, the free license grants you the exclusive right to use and incorporate these files in your personal or commercial projects under the following conditions:
- All uses of these free items must contain an attribution link back to we.graphics or the specific download page / creator of this resource's page.
- You may use this resource or adaptations of this resource in commercial or other projects for single-application or multi-use applications, however if the application is multi-use (i.e. a commercial app or theme) then the attribution must be clearly visible on all pages or areas where the resource is used.
- You MAY NOT distribute or resell this resource, or its derivatives, and you may not upload this resource to other websites. All sharing of this resource must be done using a link to the we.graphics or download page.
Co-op Member License
The member license is an extended-use license that allows paid co-op members to download, remix, and include these items in their own work for resale. By subscribing to WeGraphics with a paid membership, you are being granted a license to use these files for specific uses under certain conditions. Ownership of the individual items remains with WeGraphics.
Most paid items from WeGraphics come with our extended (multiple-use) license. A multiple-use application is when you intend the final product to be distributed, sold, or used by multiple people/companies. This includes applications, themes, web services, or other items that will be re-sold or used by more than one person or company.
- No attribution is required, but it is highly recommended, especially when using your fellow designers and contributors' items =D
- You MAY NOT resell or redistribute our items by themselves: they must be a part of a larger product or application that is sold on its own merits. Any WeGraphics items that are included must be a small part of the greater whole.
- You MAY NOT include more than 30% of a single resource in any multi-use item. For example, if you are selling an app that uses WeGraphics icons, you may not include more than 30 icons out of a set of 100 icons.
- Complete themes, website templates, and print items ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for multi-use applications (you MAY NOT resell or redistribute these items). Items that are eligible for multi-use applications include User Interface Kits, Web Elements, Icon Kits, Textures, Vector Files, and Brushes.
- You MAY NOT include any of the original source files in the item for resale or redistribution. For example, you may not include the PSD from a user interface kit in an application that was created using that kit. You may not include WeGraphics source files in any usage application.
This license is good for your own work that you want to let other designers include or use in their own items for sale. Re-sold items must be substantially different from the original item (e.g. they can’t just put their name on it and call your work theirs) and attribution to the original author (you!) is required.