With the Aged Text Photoshop Action, you can easily make any text look like an aged one with a single click of the mouse. The action comes with 5 different intensities and can be used over any single text layer or a merged layer containing any text layout.
Simply create a new file in Photoshop, type your text and run the action. In less than a minute you will have it transformed to a aged looking text with the ability to pick any color for your aged text using the color picker.
Besides text, you can also use the action with vector or raster shapes. Simply place your vector or raster shape in a new layer above the background, and run any of the 5 included actions.
How to install (action):
- Open Photoshop.
- In the Actions Panel click on the top right icon and from the dropdown menu select "Load Actions".
- Locate the "WeGraphics - Aged Text.atn" file and click on Load.
How to use:
- Open Photoshop and make a new file.
- In a new layer, type your text, draw your shape or place your raster image (be sure to have only 1 layer above the background).
- Select any of the Aged Text Actions and click on the play button.
Notes (for a perfect end result):
- Use semi-bold / bold fonts with a minimum size of 100px in height.
- Try the same effect in your document at 72, 96, 120 or 300 dpi (the action will give you different end results).
- If you have more than 1 layer above the Background layer, merge those layers in a single one, (but leave the Background layer) and then run any of the Aged Text Actions.